Round 2 Observation window is open.....
Here is the link to the Google Calendar to sign up for an observation.
February Observation Calendar
Remember....you need to be logged in to your Google Docs for the link to work!!!
Remember.....you need to have AT LEAST ONE observation by someone who IS NOT your BIL!
Look at the available dates the other BILs have chosen to see if they work for you.
You may also use on of the trained observers who have participated in the inter-rater reliability sessions.
The BILs and I have been discussing various strategies for making sure that every domain is easily accomplished by the end of the 3 observations.
Here are some of the suggestions:
- think about a math or science lesson for the higher order thinking domain
- invite your observer to come see you doing small group work instead of a large group lesson to demonstrate formative/summative assessment.
- use your pre-observation time to demonstrate proficiency in Domain 1
- let your observer know specific things that you want to highlight and be observed on.
- take a few moments before your pre-observation to jot a few notes on your observation document to make your conversations richer
Lastly.....I can't stress enough the need for you to complete the BIL survey at the end of your observation. Even if everything was "perfect"....your BIL loves to hear these things too. Everyone LOVES feedback!!!